Today i am going to teach you how to create gridlocked text effect in photoshop . In order to understand this tutorial one need to have a look at my previous article – How to create patterns in photoshop .
- Adobe Photoshop
- 3 piece pattern set
Creating the background
1. Create a new document of size 500 x 200px and fill it with #121212 .
2. Create a new layer above the background layer and name it as spot light.
3. Select soft brush , select background color as #ffffff ,set the brush settings to that of below image and left click on the center of the document
Loading up the pattern
1. Download the 3 piece pattern set and save it to desktop
2. Extract the file
3. Go to EDIT > PRESET MANAGER , select patterns from the drop down menu , click on Load button to browse for the 3 piece pattern set stored on your desktop . After selecting the file click on OK .
Creating the text and applying blending options to it
1. Select text tool from the tools palette and adjust the text tool settings to that of the below image and type in the text .
2. Right click on the text layer and select blending options . A pop up window appears tick and set the values as mentioned in the below images and hit ok
Hope you liked the tutorial .
Happy photoshop .